Thursday, August 1, 2013

Monthly Wrap Up for July 2013

Hello everyone! Today I am doing my monthly wrap up post for July. I read 4 books last month, and one of them was a re read for me. They were also all fantasy books, which made me kind of happy. I did not have much time to read last month, but hopefully I will this month. I know I have been saying that for a few months now, but summer is busy for me and I don't have much time to read *cries!*



Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins was the first book I read in July. This is the 3rd (and last I think) book in the Hex Hall series. I really loved everything about this book and this series is now one of my favorites. This was a great book and it never ever had a dull moment in it. I could not put this book down while I was reading it.




School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins. This is a spin off book to the Hex Hall series featuring a new main character. I was really excited to read this since I loved Hex Hall so much and I had really high expectations for it. Unfortunately this book was not as good as I thought it was going to be. It was not even comparable to Hex Hall and I didn't really enjoy reading this at all. You can read my review for School Spirits here.





Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. This book was a re read for me this month. This was my 3rd time reading this book and I was really excited to re read it again. This is one of my all time favorite book series. I love the world that Richelle Mead has created in this series and it's truly amazing how great this books are. Right now I am reading Frostbite, which is the second book in the series.






The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa. I picked this book up because I love this author's other series, The Iron Fey. I was a little reluctant to read this because it's a dystopian book about vampires. I am kind of tired and over the vampire books (besides vampire academy lol) and I am also really picky about which kind of dystopian books I like. I heard this book was really good though, so I decided to give it a go. Sadly, I did not like this book at all and I don't even know how I got through all 400+ pages of it. I have not done a review on this book yet, but if I decide to do one I will elaborate more on why I didn't like it then.



This is all for my July wrap up post. Thank you all for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment