Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What I Read in October

Hello Everyone! I have seriously been slacking on my blog posts, I don't think I have written on here for at least a month, sorry! I had read a lot more books last month in October then in the previous months when I started this blog and I had a lot of reviews planned out. Sometimes life gets in the way and we get side tracked with things, and my heart just wasn't into writing for a little bit. I am back now and I hope to write a lot of posts in the near future.

Anyways, here is my (late) October Wrap up! I read 5 books last month, which were The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead, Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan, Whispers at Moonrise by C.C Hunter, Hold Still by Nina LaCour, and I finally, finally finished reading A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. 



-The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead was the first book that I read last month. I absolutely fell in love with Rchelle Mead's writing and the whole world she has created all over again when I read this. I put off reading this book for so long and when I finally read it I was like why didn't I read this sooner?! You can read my review for this book here.

-Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan was the second book I read this book. I know I say this about every John Green book I read but, this was definitely unlike any other book I have read before. His books keep amazing me with each one that I read. Both him and David Levithan are phenomenal writers and I encourage anyone who has not read any of their books to do so. I didn't enjoy this book as much as the other John Green books that I read, but I still really liked it because of the two different writing styles that were entwined into the book. It made a totally different and interesting aspect to my reading experience that I don't get in a lot of books.

-Whispers at Moonrise by C.C. Hunter was another really great book I read. It is the 4th book in the Shadowfalls series, and I sware with each book in this series the books just keep getting better and better. The next book in the series is going to be the final book and I'm so sad that the series is ending. This is such a great series in the YA fantasy/paranormal genre.

-Hold Still by Nina LaCour was another great contemporary novel that I have added to my collection. I read this one on my kindle, and it was a quick read. There were so many aspects in this book that I loved and it is one that I highly recommend. This was one of the books that I planned of doing a review for, but since that didn't happen I will include a mini review here. It has great character development in it, along with some amazing characters. It is about a girl whose best friend commits suicide and she finds her journal she leaves behind. It's a very emotional heart lifting book about their friendship and we get to see the main character heal and gain strength from her grief.

-Lastly, I finally finished A Game of Thrones by George R.R Martin which is the first book in the series A Song of Ice and Fire. I was so proud of myself for reading and finishing this book because it is so long (809 pages!) plus I own the mass market paperback edition so the writing is super tiny! Also, this book has a lot of detail and it's hard to read and pay attention to everything that is going on, at least for me. I tend to stay away from adult novels like this, but I loved the TV show so much that I wanted to read the book. I tried to read the book first, and I had absolutely no idea what was going on so I'm glad I watched the show first. I can't wait to read the next books in the series but they are a little overwhelming because all of the rest are 1000+ pages. Yikes!

This is all for my October wrap up post. This post was a little bit longer than my usual wrap up videos but I wanted to talked a little bit more about the books I read since I didn't do any reviews for them. This month I started reading both Hidden by P.C Cast (10th house of night book) and The Golden Compass but I wasn't really getting into either book. I am still trying to read Hidden so we will see how that goes! Thank you all for reading and have a great day :)







No comments:

Post a Comment