Thursday, November 29, 2012

Book Review: Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia + Movie Trailer!

Hello Everyone! Today I'm going to be doing a book review on Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl which is the 4th and final book in the Caster Chronicles series. (the other books are Beautiful Creatures, Beautiful Darkness, Beautiful Chaos) This is one of my absolute favorites book series of all times and I loved this book a lot and it was a great finale to the series. I have not done a book review for any of the other three books in the series, but this review may contain so spoilers for those who have no read the series but I will try to keep them minimal. I kind of find it difficult to do a review on a book thats part of the series that is not the first book because I don't like to give away too many spoilers and such and since I haven't review the others books I don't exactly know where to start. (I'm such a noob) So for today's review I'm going to try a different approach at this, and I'm going to make a list of things that I did and didn't like about this book, so I won't be doing much explaining about what the book was about and such. Also, there is a movie being made for the first book in the series, Beautiful Creatures, which comes out this February. I am really excited for the movie and I will be sharing the trailer and my thoughts on it at the end!

Summary:


Is death the end . . . or only the beginning?

Ethan Wate always dreamed of leaving the stifling Southern town of Gatlin.

But he never dreamt that finding love with Lena Duchannes would drive him away. Lena is a Caster girl whose supernatural powers unveiled a secretive and cursed side of Gatlin, so powerful it forced him to make a terrible sacrifice.

Now Ethan must find a way to return to Lena - and Gatlin - as she vows to do whatever it takes to get him back. Even if it means trusting old enemies or risking their loved ones' lives.
Can Ethan and Lena rewrite their fate and their spellbinding love story in this stunning finale to the Beautiful Creatures series?

What I liked about the book:
-I really liked that parts of the book was from Lena's POV. Lena is definitely my favorite character in this book and I was so excited to see things from her POV. I think that the series would be so much better if the other 3 books had a little bit from her in them as well.

- I loved the fact that we got to spend some time with Ethan's mom in this book.

-There was a lot of adventure in this book and the story line was perfect for what was happening in this one.

-I  feel like we got a little more personal with all of the characters in this last book, especially one that we didn't before.

-Towards the end when we meet up with Sarafine again I was blown away by everything that she does.

-We get to learn a lot of things that really tie everything together from all of the books.

I know some of these statements do not make sense but I can't explain them without spoilers!!

Things I didn't like:
-For some reason these books always start out really slow.

-There were a few brief mentions of The Book of Stars in this book, which is the spell for for light casters. I've always been really intrigued by The Book of Moons in this book, which is the dark caster book and we've learned about it in previous books. So when they mentioned The Book of Stars I was intrigued by that as well, but it was only mentioned in passing and I was a little disappointed that it wasn't in the book more and that we didn't get to learn about it, or see in in previous books.

-Even though Ethan was brought back to life at the end, I was really sad to see Amma go. I was completely heart broken at the end of the third book when Ethan sacrificed himself but I was really happy that there was a 4th book to this series and he got to come back.

This is all for my likes and dislikes about this book. I know my lists are kind of short, but like I said before I can't give away too many spoilers for this wonderful series that everyone should experience for themselves! :P Now onto the movie trailer for Beautiful Creatures!


Here are my thoughts on this trailer: For one, I am super excited about this movie and from the trailer it looks like it's going to be really good. However, I was a little disappointed in the choice of characters. They weren't how I pictured them at all, particularly Ethan and Lena. I like how Lena looks, but her personality is really off for me. I can't exactly put my finger on why but we all have that idea in our head when we read a book of how everything is suppose to be right? Anyways, that's all I really have to say on the trailer other than I can't wait!

I hope everyone enjoyed this post and the trailer as well! Thank you so much for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment