Monday, September 2, 2013

August 2013 Wrap Up!

Hello All! I know I say this every month, but seriously I can't believe it's already September! I'm really excited for Fall, and that usually means I have a little bit more time to read!! I ended up reading quite a few books last month in August. I normally do most of my reading while I'm at work, but lately I have been reading at home as well before I go to bed at night. I decided to re read one of my favorite book series at home, which is the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead, and then while I'm at work I just read whatever other book that I'm reading at the moment. This has been great for me because it gives me more reading time, plus I'm re reading a series and falling in love with it all over again!

Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally was the first book I read in August. This is the 2nd book in the Hundred Oaks series, but this is a series that is companion novels that have different main characters so you don't necessarily have to read them in order. I picked up this book on my Kindle because it was on sale for really cheap a few weeks ago. This is a book that I completely fell in love with and it is now one of my favorite contemporary books ever. I loved all of the characters and the story so much! Also after I finished this book I knew I had to read all of the other books in the series by this Author.







Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally. This is the 3rd book in the Hundred Oaks series, also a companion novel. All of these books are set in the same town/school with the same character but a different main character. I liked this book alot as well, but I didn't enjoy it as much as Stealing Parker. I like these books because they are fast and easy reads, but also have great stories in them.






Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally. This is the first book in the Hundred Oaks series, which I read last. Since I read the other two books first, I pretty much knew somethings that were going to happen in this book. That was okay with me and I still enjoyed this one a lot. Stealing Parker is still my favorite, but I did enjoy this one more than Things I Can't Forget. If you like YA contemporary books, then this is such a great series that I highly recommend.





Matched by Ally Condie was the 4th book I read last month. This is the first book in a dystopian series that I have wanted to pick up for a while now. I borrowed this first book from a friend to see if I liked it. The book started off really good and interesting but then towards the middle I found it really boring. I thought it dragged a lot and I couldn't wait to finish it. The ending wasn't bad but I'm not sure if it was enough to make me continue reading the series or not.






Frostbite by Richelle Mead. This is the 2nd book in the Vampire Academy series, and this was my 3rd time re reading it. I started re reading this series in July with the first Vampire Academy book. When I re read it, I fell in love with this series all over again and I decided I'm going to try to read all 6 books, plus the 3 books in the Bloodline series (spin off series) before the new book in the Bloodlines series comes out in November. This 2nd book in the series was just as great as the first two times I read it. I still found my self loving the characters and crying at the end of this book even though I knew what was going to happen.


Shadow Kissed by Richelle Mead. This is the 3rd book in the Vampire Academy series and my 2nd time reading this book. This 3rd book in the series has always been my favorite, When reading this series the first time, I read books 1-4 right in a row, and then had to wait for the 5th and 6th book to come out. I'm really excited to read the series straight through because sometimes when I have to wait for books to come out I forget some details of the previous books and it tends to annoy me! I still think this 3rd book will be my favorite in the series after re reading them all.




This is all for my August wrap up. I was amazed that I was able to read 6 books last month. I'm currently reading Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins and I will be starting the 4th book in the Vampire Academy series called Blood Promise tonight or tomorrow! Thank you all for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment