Saturday, December 1, 2012

November Wrap Up

Hey all! It's time again to make my monthly wrap up post for all of the books that I read this month. This month in November I read 8 books! (woo hoo!) This has been the most books I've read in a month in quite a while and I'm so excited about it. A few of the books I read were fairly short, but this month was definitely a great reading month for me. The books I read are: Hidden by P.C Cast, which is the 10th book in the House of Night series. The Deepest Cut, The Haunted, The Departed, The Beginning: The MacKinnion Curse all by J.A Templeton which is the whole MacKinnion Curse series plus a short novella that is the prequel book. Damaged by Cathy Glass. Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia which is the 4th book in the Caster Chronicles series. And Lastly, I read Iron Legends by Julie Kagawa which is a collection of 3 novellas that are part of the Iron Fey series. I really enjoyed each book I read this month, and I'm going to tell you a short summary of my thoughts on each one.

Hidden by P.C Cast- 
This is the 10th book in the House of Night series, and while I do love reading these books I also have a love/hate relationship with these books. I always forget what happens in them before the new books comes out, so by the time I start reading them I never know whats going on. This makes reading the books a little less enjoyable, BUT by the time I'm half way through or so I get sucked into the story and the ending are always awesome! I did not do a review on this book but I look forward to reading the next book in the series when it comes out.

The MacKinnion Curse series by J.A Templeton-
I really enjoyed this series a lot. It's one of the best ghost series that I've read. The first book had me hooked, and I finished the whole series within a week. I have my review for all 4 books here.

Damaged by Cathy Glass-
This was a wonderful and heartbreaking story of an 8 year old girl who has been abused by her parents in every possible way told from the POV of her foster mom. This book has extremely mature content in it, and it's not pleasant to read and it also non fiction and a true story. This book will break your heart but it will also give you hope as well. You can read my full review for this book here.

Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia-
This is the 4th and final book in the Caster Chronicles series and it was absolutely amazing. I love this series so much and I was sad to see it come to an end but this book was a great conclusion to the series. I look forward to reading more works by this author in the future and I can only hope that it will be as great as this series was! You can read by review for this book AND see the movie trailer for the first book Beautiful Creatures here!

Iron Legends by Julie Kagawa-
This is a collection of 3 short novellas written in the Iron Fey series. This is another one of my all time favorite series and these 3 novellas were no exception to the greatness in this series. These stories are written in between the books, and I especially liked the last story because it happens after The Iron Kinght (which is the last book in the series) so it was nice to see what happens after the series is finished. In this book I think it has a little bit of foreshadowing for Julie Kagawa's new book called The Lost Prince, which takes place in the same Faery world but in the future with a new main character. I cannot wait to read The Lost Prince and continue to get lost in the world that Kagawa hs created.

This is all for my monthly wrap up post. I hope you all enjoyed and Happy Reading! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment