Thursday, February 21, 2013

Book Review: The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead

Today I am going to share my review on the Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead. This book is the 3rd book in the Bloodlines series, which is a spin off series of the Vampire Academy Series. Vampire Academy is one of my all time favorite series for a lot of different reasons. The spin off series, Bloodline is just as great as Vampire Academy in my opinion. I really enjoyed the first book, Bloodlines, and the second book The Golden Lily which I read last October (you can read my review for it here). I was really, really excited about The Indigo Spell, and since I just read the 2nd book a few months ago most of everything was still fresh in my mind. I really have to say that this book is the best yet in the series and I am so excited for the next one to time out. Now I'm going to get started with my review but for anyone who has not read any of these books there will probably be spoilers.


Summary from Goodreads:

In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch--a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood--or else she might be next.


Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, the Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive—this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone’s out for blood. 


So this book pretty much picks up not long after the what happened at the end of The Golden Lily. Sydney and Adrian finally have their (forbidden) moment between them and Sydney is freaking out. She also learned about an ex Alchemist named Marcus Finch who is on the run. She longs to find him and figure out his secrets on how he left the Alchemist and why. Since Sydney is starting to rebel and realize she is being lied to, she is starting to look at the bigger picture of things and what/who she truly cares about. There's also an evil witch on the run who is hunting young witches, and just might be after Sydney too.

Like I said before, I really enjoyed this book. It's probably the best books that I've read in a while. The storyline was really engaging and I was never bored while reading it. Richelle Mead is such a great writer and she has a way of making this world she created and the characters in it seem so real. I pretty much have loved every book and character that she has written in these two series. There is always such excited action in her books and they always have a great climax, this book included. I really liked how there was a lot more focus on magic in this book as well. It gives it a nice twist and puts more into the story line. We are introduced to a lot of new character's in this book, and of course it has an ending that always leaves you hanging.

Sydney is such a fantastic main character for this series and I really like reading from her POV. She is really strong headed and she really grows a lot as a character in this book. The author also has such an amazing way of writing romances in these books that drive you completely crazy. She did it with Rose and Dimitri in VA and now she's doing it with Sydney and Adrain. Speaking of Adrian...Oh. My. GOD. Adrian has got to be my new all time favorite male character. Ever. I really liked him during the VA series but in this series he is so phenomenal. I'm really glad he is a main character in this series because it just wouldn't be complete without him. The 4th book is going to alternate POV from Sydney and Adrain. I was so excited when I herd this because we finally get to see what's inside that screwed up, hilarious, but beautiful head of his.

This is written from the Author on goodreads about the 4th book, The Fiery Heart.


The Fiery Heart is going to be told from both Sydney and Adrian's points of view. That's right. If you've ever wanted to get inside the crazy world of Adrian Ivashkov's head, this is it. It'll still be in first person, but the POV will alternate chapters. I'm so excited about this, it's not even funny. Well, actually...since it's Adrian, it'll be hilarious. I think you guys'll love it, and for those who still haven't made the transition to the Bloodlines series, now's your chance! #1 and #2 are out, and it's not too late to catch up before February.


I can't even express how excited I am about this next book in the series! Reading the Indigo Spell has made me want to go back and re read all of the Vampire Academy books and the other two Bloodlines books as well. Ahhh okay, I'm done gushing about how much I loved this book now. I hope you all enjoyed my review and happy reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment