Hey Everyone! Today in honor of Valentines Day I'm going to share my top ten favorite love stories! I know Valentines Day was on Thursday, so this post is a little late but I still wanted to do it because I didn't have time to on actual Valentines Day. When I think of my favorite love story books, I naturally graduate more towards adult fiction books like ones written by Nicholas Sparks. I don't know why but in books like these I have found the best (or my favorite) love stories. All of my top ten books except 2 of them are adult fiction but I have two young adult books in there as well. I hope you enjoy this post and if you're in the mood for a sappy love story that will probably make you cry then please check out some of these books!
1. Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks. Like I said before, my first thoughts when I think of love stories is books written by Nicholas Sparks. I have read all of his books and they are really wonderful but a few of them have stuck out more than others and Message in a Bottle is one of them. I didn't expect to like this book as much as I did. As I was reading all of the books written by him a few years ago, I started with the newer released ones so I read Message in a Bottle as one of the last ones. I think this was one of the first books he wrote but I was so late to read it. This book was really heart breaking but so wonderful at the same time. I absolutely loved everything about it.
2. The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. You know how we all have that one book that made you cry more than any other book ever has? This is that book for me. Even though It made me cry so much, a lot of it was tears of sadness but happiness too. This book was heart breaking but it ended up having a happy ending to it. It was such a fantastic book and I can't say enough times how great it is.
3. A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks. OK after this one, I promise I'm done with this author haha. This is my all time favorite love story (book and movie) I absolutely love this book but this is one that I seen the movie first, so naturally I am partial to the movie because that's what I knew of the story first. The movie is a little but different, but that's okay because I do love both the book and movie equally.
4. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. This is another love story that I really, really love. The time traveling in this book is beyond amazing. This is a very detailed book and it is sort of long but none the less wonderful. I also really enjoyed the movie of this book as well.
5. Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen. This one also is a great love story, and the movie was also enjoyable. It was a really great read that I read fairly quickly because I couldn't put it down.
6. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. This is one of the best books that I have ever read. It's a lot different from the other love stories that I have read, but I think that's why I loved it so much. It didn't have over the top, head over heals in love kind of love story but a slow one that grows with time. It's such a beautiful story and I can't say enough great things about it.
7. Night Road by Kristin Hannah. I'm not exactly sure if this book would be considered a 'love story' or not. The love story in this book definitely isn't the main focus but it is one of my all time favorite books. The two people in the book who are part of the love story just go through so much together and still manage to be together in the end. It's so inspiring so that is why I'm including it in my favorites.
8. The Pact by Jodi Picoult. This is another one that has a lot of other focuses in the book rather than the love story. But like Night Road, it is one of my favorite books ever so I am including it because this book is so wonderful and heartbreaking.
9. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. This is one of the two YA books I am including because this book has a really amazing love story in it. The two main characters, Hazel and Gus have a wonderful romance that just melted my heart. I absolutely adored this book.
10. The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. I don't typically find a great romance in YA fantasy books/series but this one is one of the best (in my opinion). Rose and Dimitri's love and romance in this series is unbelievable and it my favorite love story in all of YA fantasy books. It's such a great forbidden love that it drove me crazy all through the books in this series. I was definitely rooting from these characters since book one!
This is all for my top ten love stories! All the talk about Nicholas Sparks books in the beginning makes me miss reading his books. I just might have to re read them soon! I hope you all enjoyed this post and happy reading! :)