Monday, February 4, 2013

January Wrap Up

Hey Everyone, today I am going to be doing my January warp up post for all of the books I read last month. I can't believe it's already February! I had a really good reading month in January, I read a total of 8 books! I'm also excited about a lot of the books that I plan to read this month.




-The first book I read this month was the 4th Harry Potter book. I started The Goblet of Fire back in December as part of my re reading books challenge. I started reading this one towards the end and never got to finish it so I decided to include it in this monthly wrap up. I absolutely love re reading Harry Potter books. It's one of the best feelings in the world. I am planning to re read the last 3 books sometime in the near future.






-Ask the Passengers by A.S. King. I absolutely adored this book. A.S King is a truly amazing author and I can't wait to read more books by her. I was really engaged into the story line of this book and I read it really quickly. It's such a wonderful book about self discovery, finding out how to be yourself and feel conformable with who you are. It's a really moving story that I just loved everything about. You can read my full review of this novel here.





-The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. This is another book that I really adored as well. I wanted to read it because the movie was made, which I have not seen yet, but I couldn't believe I never read this book before. The main character, Charlie was just so wonderful and innocent and I just wanted to squeeze him. (Ok that sounds weird). He has such a big heart and cares so much about everything and everyone around him. This was also a quick read, and I am really excited to see the movie! You can also read my review for this book here.





-Doll House and Paper Dolls by Anya Allyn. I read the first 2 books in the Dollhouse series which I purchased on my kindle. The first book, Dollhouse, was free from bookbub.com but it was regular $2.99. I purchased the second book for $3.99. These books gave me a lot of mixed feelings about them. I liked them, but I didn't like them. They were just okay for me. They were probably the strangest books I've ever read in my life, and the writing style kind of sucked. None the less, I will probably pick up the 3rd book when it comes out if I still remember what happened in them. You can read my reviews for both of the books here.








-Paper Towns by John Green. This is another book that I really loved this month. John Green is such a great writer and his books never disappoint me. He writes such phenomenal characters, and I just can't say enough great things about him or his books. I also wrote a review on this book here.








-The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa. This book was another one that was just okay for me. I really love the original Iron Fey series so I had really high hopes for this book and I heard great things about it. Unfortunately I was a little disappointed, but I am trying to be optimistic with it at the same time. I will definitely continue reading the next books in the series when they come out. My review for this book is here.






-Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs. This book was recommended to me by two different people. It's a memoir about Augusten Burroughs and his screwed up life. I don't know how else to describe this book lol. Anyone who has read this knows what I am talking about. It really did enjoy this book, but sometimes I don't have much patience while reading memoirs because they tend to go slow and I just want to know what happens. I did not do a review for this book and I am not planning on doing one. However, I do want to see the movie and I might do a movie/book comparison post.



This is all of the books that I read last month, I did try to read Delirium by Lauren Oliver, but I couldn't really get into the story. Hopefully I will try again someday soon and try to finish it. Thank you all for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment