Thursday, February 28, 2013

February Wrap Up

Hello Everyone, today I am going to be doing my wrap up post for what I read in February. This month I read 5 books, and it was an okay reading month for me. I didn't read as many books as I hoped to read, but I will just try to catch up next month in March.




The Archived by Victoria Schwab. This was the first book that I read this month and it's one that I really enjoyed. I was really excited to read this book since it seemed a lot different from any book that I've read before. The beginning and first half of the book was really slow and I almost put it down but I am so glad that I didn't. The book really picks up after the second half and the story line gets really engaging. You can read my review for this book here.






Moonglass by Jessi Kirby. This was the first book by this author that I've read and I was really excited to read this one. I also purchased one of her other books called In Honor at the same time, which I am also excited to read. This book seemed like a 'cute summer read book' to me. I liked it okay and ended up giving it a 3/5 stars on goodreads. A lot of the time I didn't know where the story was going and I was a little bored reading it. The book has a great main character though and there were a lot of things I liked about the book as well.







Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead. I absolutely loved this book. So, so much. I love the Bloodlines series and basically anything that this author writes. This book was phenomenal and it was definitely my favorite book so far in the series. I just can't say enough good things about this book. I can't wait for the 4th book in the series to come out and it's probably going to be one of my most anticipated books for this year! You can read my review for this book here.







Teeth by Hannah Moskowitz. This is a book that I couldn't decide if I loved it or I hated it. It has a very different and strange storyline that I was not expecting at all. The author's writing style is really engaging and I really liked the way she wrote this book and most of her characters. This one I ended up giving a 4/5 stars on goodreads because overall I really enjoyed it, despite the strangeness. You can read my review for this book here.






Such a Pretty Girl by Laura Wiess. This is a book that I have been wanting to read for a few years now, but I just never picked it up until a few months ago when I found it in the bargain books section on Amazon. It was a really quick read and I read it in almost one setting. I liked the book okay but it was also kind of simple. This book is about a girl whose father was suppose to be locked away for 9 years, but he gets out of prison after 3. Now she's not safe and everything is messed up. For me this book was too simple, when I read books dealing with these kind of serious topics I usually want them to have more emotion to them. I definitely felt for the main character, but I just thought this book was lacking something. I gave this one a 3/5 stars on goodreads as well.

This is all for my February wrap up post. I also tried to read Lucid by Adrienne Stoltz, but It was not a book that I could get into unfortunately. I hope next month will be a good reading month and I am starting it out with a Jodi Picolut book :).

Thank you all for reading and I hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment