Friday, April 19, 2013

Top 5 Favorite Books with Male Main Characters

Hey Everyone! Today I am going to do a post of my favorite books (top 5) that have male lead characters. I wanted to do this post because I find that being a girl, it's some times hard to read from a boys point of view. I'm not sure if it's just me or not but sometimes I don't connect well with a story thats from a male's voice. I have found a few books though that I love with male main characters so I wanted to share them here on my blog incase anyone else has the same problem as I do.



Beautiful Creatures series by Kami Garcia. I wanted to list this one first because I think this might have been the first series that I've read with a male main character. I'm sure there has been others maybe in the past but I don't remember. I noticed right away while reading this book that it was hard to get into because I was use to reading from all female perspectives. I also lent a friend this book and she said the same thing. The main character, Ethan, is a really great character though and he is easy to read from. It took me a little while but once I got into the story it was no big deal.





The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa. This the the 4th book in the Iron Fey series, and it's the only one told from a male's POV. I really love this series a lot and I loved reading from Meghan's POV in the other three books, but reading from Ash's POV in this one was just as great. This just did such a phenomenal job at writing from Ash's POV. I think this is my favorite book in the series as well just because he was so wonderful to read from. I do have to say that while reading the spin off series, The Lost Prince, which has another male lead charter, I did not enjoy as much as reading from Ash's POV. Ash is probably one of my top male characters in general too.




Looking for Alaska by John Green. I know I've said this a million times, but John Green is amazing. He writes amazing books, and he writes amazing characters. I've actually loved all of his male lead characters, especially Miles (Pudge) from Looking for Alaska and I really enjoyed Quentin from Papertowns. I was going to list Papertowns as well in this post, but I decided to just mention it here because no one wants to here me write about how much I love John Green twice in one post. ;)






The Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan. This is a series that I read a few years ago that I really enjoyed. Actually, I still have not read the last book in the series (sad) I don't know why but I never picked it up. I do think I read this one before Beautiful Creatures, (oops) but even though these books are great they are a bit more childish. They are from the children's section at the book store and I'm not saying that people who aren't children shouldn't read them, I just mean childish by the characters. I think the characters are middle school-ish ages? I'm not sure. Anyways, I think that the main character Percy being younger made it easy to read from his POV. OK moving on.




Crash and Burn by Michael Hassan. This is a new book that I've read recently, and even though it's a great book I wouldn't exactly call it a favorite. However, the main character Crash was a really great and well written character. He was really easy to read from, and this book is just so real that you kind of forget that you're reading from a males POV. It's more like sometimes is telling you a really intense story that you just have to listen to.









So this is my top 5 favorite male lead characters. There is alot of other books I could have included too, (The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Outsiders, Harry Potter (duh), Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green). But I wanted to include Percy Jackson in this because it is a book that I haven't talked about before here on my blog. A lot of the books in my list, and the ones I just named are ones that I've already talked about a million times. Also, I wanted to say that I really love Adrain from the Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead, and even though none of the books are told from his POV the next book in the series is going to alternate POVs from him and the other main character Sydney. I am so freaking excited!

Thank you all for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment