Thursday, May 2, 2013

April 2013 Wrap Up

Hey Everyone! Is it just me or did April go by really, really fast?? April was a fantastic reading month for me and I ended up reading 7 books. All of which I really enjoyed! May will be a busy month for me, but I hope I can find time to read a lot this month too. I'm getting into my busy season at work now so this month (or last) might be my last big reading month for me. So sad lol :) A lot of the books I read in April were parts of series and I also read a lot of fantasy books. This made me really happy because a while ago 99% of the books I read were fantasy books and series, and then I got into kind of a slump and didn't want to read them anymore and switched to reading more contemporary fiction. It felt really nice to read the kind of books that I use to love (and still do!).

The Secret Circle by L.J Smith (book one- The Initiation and The Captive).  This was the first book that I read last month. The Secret Circle is a series about witchcraft and I really love reading books about witchcraft. I find it so interesting for some reason. These books normally have two books in one so thats why the title of this was so long incase anyone was confused. This is a series that I have been wanting to pick up for a while now because I started watching the TV show when it first came out and I really enjoyed it. I ended up enjoying this book a lot and I went a purchased the rest of the series after reading this first one! You can see my review for this book here.





The Secret Circle by L.J Smith (book 2- The Captive part 2 and The Power). I enjoyed the second book in this series more then the first one. There was a lot more going on, and a lot more exciting action in it!









Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. I can't even explain how much I
loved this book. It was such a perfect ending to the trilogy. I absolutely love this author and the world and characters she creates. Reading this book really made me want to go a re read The Mortal Instruments series because I forgot what happened in them and I just needed to keep reading from this amazing world. I'm really sad that this series came to an end, but this ending was so perfect that it makes it okay.






City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. This is the first book in the Mortal Instruments series, and like I said before I had to re read this series after finishes it's prequel. It was just as great reading it the second time around and it just reminded me how much I loved this series. I can't wait for the movie to come out!!









City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare. (2nd book in MI series) After reading City of Bones, I continued reading the series with City of Ashes.










Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. This was a cute contemporary that I picked up last month. I really loved everything about this story and I read it all in almost one sitting because I couldn't put it down. You can read my review for this book here.








Legend by Marie Lu. I kept hearing really great things about this book and I was in the mood for a Dystopian so I decided to give this one a go. I enjoyed reading it but it was a little hard to get into. Once I got past that point though, I couldn't put it down! I can't wait to read the next book in the series! You can read my review for this book here.








That is all for my April Wrap up post! This month I plan on finishing the rest of the books in the Mortal Instruments series and maybe eventually re read the first two in the Infernal Devices as well. I'm currently reading a book called Lessons from A Dead Girl by Jo Knowles, but I'm not too sure if I will be reviewing it yet or not.

I hope you all enjoyed and Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment