Tuesday, September 18, 2012

7 Deadly Sins of Reading

Hello Everyone! Today I'm going to do a blog post on the 7 Deadly Sins of reading. This is a book tag that I saw going around the book community on Youtube. I thought it was fun, and even though I wasn't tagged, I still wanted to participate in this book surgery!

Greed- What is your most inexpensive and expensive book? 
My most inexpensive book that I have purchased is The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. I bought this at a used book sale for $1 last summer. My most expensive book is probably the 7th Harry Potter book, which on the inside flap has a price for $34.99

Wrath- what author do you have a love hate relationship with? 
I'm going to say Nicholas Sparks. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Nicholas Sparks and I love all of his book as well. However I find some of his books to just be okay and not amazing like some of his others. So I picked him for a love hate relationship because I always have really high expectations when he writes new book and I don't like being slightly disappointed when one of his books aren't as good as the others!

Gluttony- What book have you deliciously devoured over and over with no shame at all? 
Definitely every single book in the Harry Potter series. I've read the books so many times and I just love them and want to read them again!

Sloth- What book have you neglected reading due to laziness?
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R Tolkien. I've read half of the first book, some of the second book and none at all of the third. I've also neglected reading The Hobbit, which is on my fall TBR list because the movie is coming out in a few months!

Pride- Which book do you often talk about to sound like an intellectual reader? 
I don't really talk about books to make myself intelligent, I mostly read YA novels and I have no shame in that!

Lust- What qualities do you find attractive in male and female characters?
I like characters who are humorous, witty, and who can make me laugh. I also like really strong characters who you can see progress through out the novel/series. I love characters who have really strong and real emotion to them as well. This goes for both male and female characters.

Envy- What books would you most like to receive as a gift? 
Any book! Books are my favorite gifts and I love it when people give me a book to read, even if I'm just borrowing them! :)

I hope you enjoyed this post and anyone can feel free to join in on this book tag!

On a side note- I just finished reading Tilt by Ellen Hopkins. I'm still not sure if I am going to do a review on this book or not. I sometimes find Ellen Hopkins books hard to review for some reason. If anyone reading this wants me to do a review on this book then I will, just comment and let me know.I'm about 300 pages into A Game of Thrones. This book is taking forever to read. I took a break so I could read Tilt, but I hope to finish reading this book by the end of this month. I'm currently reading Venomous by Christopher Krovatin on my Kindle and I'm really enjoying it so far.

Thank you for reading! Find me here on goodreads!



No comments:

Post a Comment