Friday, August 3, 2012

Fragment Friday!

 I watch a lot of youtube videos on book reviews, hauls, discussions, etc and I seen one a while back called Fragment Friday where every friday a youtuber would read a portion or 'fragment' of the book that she was reading. I loved the idea, mainly because a lot of the time it wasn't a book I has read before so it was kind of cool to hear a part of the book that I didn't know and had no idea what was going on in the story. The concept was interesting to me so I've decided to make a blog post on it as well!

The book they I'm currently reading is Tricks by Ellen Hopkins.  I'm sort of on an Ellen Hopkins kick right now and these books are the only ones that I have been reading for the last 3 weeks or so. For anyone who isn't familiar with her books, they are written in verse. It was a little different at first when I started reading them but I've grown to love verse novels. They are such light and easy reads and I've found some beautiful poetry in them which is why I decided to do this post. I found a section of the book that was such a beautiful poem and I loved it so much that I wanted to share it here on my blog.


Reach 

They say you should
           reach for the stars, 
           and I’d like to, but
 my arms
           are much too short. 
           they say to reach 
           out for hope, but I 
don’t 
           understand what hope
           is. They say to reach for
           goals, but I don’t 
know 
           how to define mine, 
           and so I won’t listen. 
           But if you only tell me 
how to 
           love you, I’ll reach 
           into the depth of me 
           and find a way to
 hold you.


I absolutely love this poem. When I read it I thought it was so beautiful and I love things that leave me speechless when I read them.

I hope you enjoyed my Fragment Friday post! Thanks for reading :)


No comments:

Post a Comment