Saturday, August 11, 2012

Top 10 favorite book series

Hello Everyone, I wanted to share my top 10 favorite book series here on my blog!



1. Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling
Harry potter will forever be my favorite book series of all time.

2. The Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray
This is a trilogy made up of three books. A Great and Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angles, and The Sweet Far Thing. This series is completely amazing and everything about it is so magical and enchanting. This is one of the best young adult fantasy series I've ever read.

3. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of glass, City of Fallen Angles, City of lost Souls. I also love the prequel series, The Infernal Devices, but I enjoyed the mortal instruments series a lot more.

4. The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
Vampire Academy, Frostbite, Shadow Kiss, Blood Promise, Spirit Bound, The Last Sacrifice. This is a series that I really loved when I was in my 'vampire book' phase. I still love the series despite the fact that I am not into vampire books anymore because it is a really wonderful series! I also like the spin off series Bloodlines.

5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, MockingJay. This probably comes to no surprise that the Hunger Games is another one of my favorites. It will aways be a series that I love as well.

6. Divergent by Veronica Roth
I also love the 2nd book Insurgent and I believe this is going to be a 3 book trilogy. I can't wait until the third book to see how the rest of the story goes!

7. The Books of Bayern by Shannon Hale
The Goose Girl, Enna Burning, River Secrets, and Forest Born are the books in this series. I'm not exactly sure if I would consider this series to be in the young adult section. They are pretty long books, but I would say they are more lighter reads then your typical young adult book. It is a fantasy series but it isn't harsh or heavy in action, but there is definitely a great story.

8. The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa
The Iron King, The Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen, and the Iron Knight. This is the only series about fairies that I've read the I've actually enjoyed.

9. Beautiful Creatures series by Kami Garcia
Beautiful Creatures, Beautiful Darkness, Beautiful Chaos. I absolutely love this series about caster/witchcraft. I can't wait for the 4th book to come out.

10. The Blue is for Nightmares series by Laurie Faria Stolarz
Blue is for Nightmares, White is for Magic, Silver is for Secrets, Red is for Remembrance, and the graphic novel Black is for Beginnings. This is a wonderful series that I read a few years ago that I often forget about. It's really captivating and a little suspenseful.

This is my top 10 favorite series and they are ones that I've recommend a lot of people to read. I am also planning of doing another blog post of my top 10 favorite stand alone novels as well. As you can tell all of my favorites series are in the fantasy genre, but none of my favorite stand alone novels are! I hope you enjoyed reading this post, and look forward to my favorite stand alone novels! :P

Find me on Goodreads here!

No comments:

Post a Comment