Tuesday, January 1, 2013

December Reading Wrap up + Reading Challenge

Hello Everyone and Happy New years! I am so excited for this new year to be here and to get onto reading some really great books! Last month in December, I made a reading challenge for myself and my goal was to only re read books that I have already read. I have successfully finished my challenge and did not read any new books. I have been wanting to re read a lot of my books for so long and I am happy that I finally was able to. Also since I was not reading new books last month, I did not buy any new books either! This has probably been the longest I have gone with out buying books LOL. You can probably expect a huge book haul from me in the near future :). 

Now I am going to share with you all of the books that I chose to re read and why I re read them as well.


-Harry Potter books by J.K Rowling. I re read the first three books in the Harry Potter series which are Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.I absolutely love the Harry Potter series and it will forever be a favorite series of mine. I have not read these books (especially the first few) in such a long time. It was great re reading them and I felt like I was re living my childhood a little bit! So those were of the books that I re read this month.

-Looking for Alaska by John Green. This is definitely one of my all time favorite books and I could easily call this one my favorite book I've ever read (maybe). I am so glad that I chose to re read this one as part of my reading challenge. Looking for Alaska is a book that has stuck with me ever since I have read it the first time. It is a book that I couldn't stop thinking about even month after I read it. John Green is such a phenomenal writer.








-Number the Stars by Lois Lowry. This is a book I haven't read in at least 10 years or more. I kind of bought this one in a spur of the moment on my kindle to include for my reading challenge. It is a fairly short book and I read it really fast. This was my all time favorite book as a child and I have read it multiple times during my childhood as well. I can't say I enjoyed it as much as I use to reading it this time around but none the less it is still a great book.

-The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. This is another book that I have read more times that I can count when I was younger. I don't think I have read this book in at least 5 years either, but I still absolutely love this book. It was really great re reading it and I'm sure this won't be the last time I re read it.

I am currently a little over half way through reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I really wanted to include this book in my December wrap up but I haven't been able to get much reading done in the past week. So this book will be included in my January book wrap up. I am going to be doing other reading challenges in the future, with different topics but I will probably also do another re reading challenge as well. However since I have been having such a great time re reading Harry Potter I might continue to read the other books now instead of waiting for a new reading challenge.

I hope everyone enjoyed my December Wrap up and thanks so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment