Sunday, December 30, 2012

Best YA Books of 2012.

Today I am going to share what I thought the Top 10 best Young Adult books of 2012 were. These are all books that were published in 2012 and I thought this would make a great post since the year is near an end! I am really excited to read a lot of the upcoming books in 2013 and I posted a list of books I'm looking forward to on a previous blog post that you can view here. Now onto my favorite reads of 2012! Also- these are in no particular order of which was my favorites are such and most of them are parts of a series.

1. Tilt by Ellen Hopkins. I really enjoy reading Ellen Hopkins books and Tilt was one of my favorites. This book had a lot of great characters, and I really love reading verse novels thanks to this author!

2.  City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare. This book is the 5th book in the Mortal Instruments series, and this is one of my all time favorite series and author. I have mentioned how much I love this series before in previous posts.

3. Insurgent by Veronica Roth. This is the 2nd book in the Divergent Trilogy and though I didn't like this book as much as Divergent it was still a great and highly anticipated book this year for me!

4. Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia. This was the 4th and final book in the Caster Chronicle series. It was such a good read and a great finale to this series. It just made me love the series so much more.

5. Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood. This is the first book and the authors debut novel in The Cahill Witch Chronicles and I was really surprised on how much I enjoyed this book. It's a historical fiction book about witchcraft and if you have not read this I encourage you to check it out! I can't wait for the sequel to come out this upcoming June.

6.  The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead. 2nd book in the Bloodlines series. This is another book/author/series that I have talked about loads of time in previous posts. I also cannot wait for the next book in this series to come out this February.

7. Taken at Dusk by C.C Hunter. The 3rd book in the Shadow Falls Series.

8. Whispers at Moonrise by C.C Hunter. The 4th book in the Shadow Falls series. It is definitely a plus when an author releases 2 books in the same series in the same year! I absolutely love this series and this is another one that was mentioned a lot in my blog.

9. The Haunted by J.A Templeton. This is the 2nd book in the MacKinnion Curse series. 

10. The Departed by J.A Templeton. This is the 3rd book in the MacKinnion Curse series. Again major plus when an author releases 2 books in the same year! This series was a recent discover of mine but its one that I fell in love with quickly. You can purchase these books on an e-reader really cheap (the first book is free!) You can read my review for the whole series here!

This concludes my top 10 YA books for 2012! It was definitely a great year for reading and like I said before, I am looking forward to a lot of great books for 2013! I will also have my December reading wrap up posted in a few days! I have stuck to my reading goal/challenge of only re reading books that I have already read all month long with no exceptions!

Thank you all for reading and have a great New Years!

1 comment: